lørdag den 8. september 2012

Sewing projekt

I have adored a kimono from Minä Perhonen, (Kimono Hime vol. 3)
So now I am making my own directly inspired by it.

Mine is going to be made of a wool Tsumugi bolt, here is the design.


 I have stitched the pieces loosely together, cheating a bit, but it makes it very easy to end the pattern in the right places.
And I know this is not the "right" way to embroider but the point is to make something I like : D






































So I have allmost finish it, and yet I am so far away.
In one way or another, I have mis judged where the embroidery was to be placed, I do not understand it, I measured several times, held it up in front of me, looked after in the mirror where to place embroidery, before I made ​​kimono.

So now the kimono it's almost done, but the embroidery is placed to high. 

My solution so far, is to insert a piece of cloth in the middle, so the lower part of the kimono comes further down,and then stich the bottom up.

This is where it is placed now

This is there it should be placed








Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar